Honchō are looking for a Content Executive to join our growing team.
Reporting into the Content Manager, this role involves creating written content for a portfolio of clients, and supporting with the ideation, implementation and delivery of content strategy.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about written content, prides themselves on accurate and clean copy, and has the versatility to cover a range of subjects with enthusiasm and expertise. A basic understanding of SEO is a bonus, as is previous agency experience. You’ll also need to be comfortable writing different content types, from technical on-page copy, to blog posts, and short and snappy social media posts.
This role is based at our HQ in the Hertfordshire countryside, though it can also be part remote, with flexible working available and open to discussion.
- Creating written content in a variety of types, including long form blog articles and on page category content
- Taking responsibility for accuracy, grammar and spelling
- Proofreading and checking content
- Editing content in line with client feedback
- Supporting internal teams, including Search, Paid and Social, with content as required
- Involvement in ideation for pitches and content strategies
- Communicating with clients to update on content progress
- Collaboration with clients to amend, edit and update content following feedback
Operational skills required
- High levels of writing competency, including creation, research, accuracy and grammar
- The capability to follow a brief, and structure your writing as directed
- A thorough understanding of the clients you’ll be working with, their brand, objectives and campaigns
- The ability to work under your own direction and as part of a team
- An understanding of SEO, content strategy, social media
- Time management skills and close adherence to deadlines
Personality traits suited to this role
- Articulate with good communication skills.
- A creative thinker – you’ll have loads of ideas
- Enthusiastic and passionate about content
- Motivated to deliver the very best work for clients
- Reliable, and able to deliver work to agreed deadlines
- A strong sense of responsibility – you’ll understand your role in the Honchō team and the importance of your output
- Approachable, friendly and adaptable – we pull together as one team, and help each other out when needed
- Unlimited Holiday
- Training opportunities to support you at every stage of your career
- Regular social events
- Work in our redeveloped, converted barn and Stables
- On-site swimming pool and tennis court
Founded in 2008 by Chris Ailey, Honchō are a specialist Search and Social Marketing agency based just outside Hertford in Hertfordshire.
Currently a team of 20+ specialists we operate from a converted barn and stables in an idyllic countryside setting. We have worked with a number of global brands including eBay, Gumtree, WWE, Mothercare, Renault and New Era to name just a few.